Monday, 7 February 2011

Variety is the spice of . . . .


Today I wanted to visit the 'antique' place in Topsham, the one in the old warehouse on the quay. I was looking for a jar of some sort to hold pens etc beside the phone.
I found the perfect thing - it's a really strange item -
so horrid that you've got to love it !
It's now sitting in all it's splendour on top of the bookcase in the hall, looking great with the pens in !














 Here I have it on top of the sewing machine so as to catch the light from the window.



On to another topic. Quilts. We haven't had sufficient good light outside for photography for days so I'm holding off on pictures of the finished quilt, but I'm very pleased with the result and have started on another for 'stock'.
The colours for this new quilt are causing me a headache. I decided to use s base of lilac, far from my favourite colour. I think that's where I went wrong. To work the colours well together you've got to love them.
I shall keep battling, I think I am making some progress, green was not good with the lilac, so now I'm trying a contrast, not yellow, that would be too much but a pale cream seems to do the trick.

This will be the centre.
                                                                                     I have padded and quilted the applique rose and stitched it in place with machine embroidery. I'll post further stages as they grow !

No comments: