Friday, 25 March 2011

Colours of coleus

A classic colour combination for the latest challenge for the Three Creative Studios colour palette challenge this month.

I chose to go abstract with this one (again) and made a long thin quilt which, when I've decided how to bind it, will become a wall hanging.

I've used several techniques that are new to me in this one, freezer paper for the applique shapes and QAYG which I really liked - I shall for certain be using that method again soon ! I also chose to use a multicoloured thread for attaching the the shapes to liven things up a bit -


Then this morning I made two little rug mugs, very traditional patchwork and method, for Margaret to take to Croyd for the new digs.Sort of a good luck keepsake but useful.


Sadly the bright light has washed out the yellow in the photos.
I thought seaside colours colours would be appropriate for Croyd Bay. The mug rugs are about 5" square, I find that's a comfortable size but not too big. I hope that Margaret and Jim enjoy them.

Now I'm sorting out some colours for a wallhanging to reflect the colours in the boat painting in the sitting room here in Devon.

1 comment:

Angela said...

I love what you did with the colour challenge. I'm still busy stitching my piece and there is only a few days left if I'm to meet the challenge deadline. Fingers crossed!