Thursday, 31 March 2011

Learning new stuff.

I found  a great tutorial here -http://mamacjt.blogspot.com/2010/10/single-fold-bindings.html on how to make a single layer binding for small items, so today I had ago at it. I made a few small mug rugs - very fiddly, 5"/12.5cm square, but the binding went on and the corners mitred very easily. A little more practice and I'll have those down to a fine art !!!


I have also been using up a few tiny scraps in 'nearly' colours for this month's Three Creative Studios challenge. The object was to gain more experience in QAYG technique and to check out how some different ways with the quilting might look on different fabrics.
This will stay as a UFO for the forseeable future - the whole point was a sample to learn on. Maybe someday I will find a use for it ????

No comments: