Saturday, 21 May 2011

Brit Quilt Swap

is well under way and I've finally got my act together enough to put up a few suggestions. I love the friendship knot block that I found in The Essential Sampler Quilt by Nikki Tinkler - it's a really handy reference for lots of blocks.
The friendship knot is the second block I have made from this book and I've found her directions clear and sensible for these very detailed 10" blocks. The patterns do not have seam allowance on them but that is easily cut and they are so simply traced onto freezer paper that it's a doddle really.














This is the friendship block - I thought it very appropriate for a swap and I loved making it.












And here are the fabrics that I am considering using, maybe with the block above, maybe with something totally different. All options are open at present. Time, and maybe my partner's reactions (if I get any), will tell.

3 comments:

Sheila said...

Hi Suzan - thanks for commenting on mine - unable to email you, think you need to unlock email pref on blogger so folks can contact you.(if you want the to)

Teuvo Vehkalahti said...

Greetings from Finland. Thus, through a blog is a great get to know other countries and their people, nature and culture. Come take a look Teuvo images and blog to tell all your friends that your country flag will stand up to my collection of flag higher. Sincerely, Teuvo Vehkalahti Finland

Hobby Lass said...

Hi Suzan
What a lovely blog. Where did you get that sampler book from?