Monday, 16 May 2011

The moral tale

Of a foolish and big-headed novice quilter !



Many years ago I did a painting which found a place in my husband's heart, so it hangs on the wall of our sitting room here in Devon. Since I started quilting he expressed an interest in a wall hanging loosely based on the colours in that painting.


I set to work with much enthusiasm ( they are among my favourite colours) and slowly the applique began to emerge.
Time came when it was ready for quilting - yesterday. I had been practicing free motion quilting , with a small measure of success, so off I merrily went.
This morning I looked at the little bit I had done - UGH !!!!!!!!! It took me all morning to pick it out and now I have to rethink my quilting technique.
The moral - don't try to run before you can walk !


 At least the sun was shining, the bees were happy and I could see what I was doing !

No comments: