Thursday, 26 May 2011

Paper Piecing.

I am in two minds about paper piecing for patchwork. In favour - the easier accuracy and excellent finish - against - my tendency to rush at things and cut the wrong bit off ! Plus the fact that it does take longer to assemble - however there is less time spent in careful cutting out ! I think my piecing life would be easier if I could get some thin, cheap printer paper - ours is rather heavy, especially for tearing away. So far I've tried 2 designs - neither fully successful but with plenty of potential given further practice !

I may yet take this further, I do so like the colours, and my accidents will be much less noticeable when fully assembled. I should probably have waited to show this when more is added but paper piecing is such a novelty I really had to share !

Time will clarify, as always.

No comments: