Thursday, 18 August 2011

Fun, fun, fun

was what I had making these little darlings ! I mean it - I really enjoyed fiddling about with them once I had a system going. I think I've got to grips with the paper piecing especially since Sheila suggested strips - it made things much easier although I did feel that it was a bit wasteful with fabric. I had been cutting to shape and then working out the right way to seam the bits ! Tricky, that was !






I very much like the look of this arrangement - I must confess that I was troubled by the proportions of that large block but now it has all the small ones nearby it looks just right ! I'll be very happy to start joing some more blocks together !

1 comment:

Quilter Kathy said...

Love it! I call these 'crossed canoes'...what do you call these wonderful blocks?