Saturday, 27 August 2011

Got to be quick

with this !
Just a brief post for 'white with rainbow' as it's the last Saturday in the month already ! (what happened to August - and July - - - -                     !)
Been experimenting with some stars made from scraps and with a white background.
I don't know what I'll do with these two - if anything - but this process was new to me and they made the perfect lesson ! I found it very easy to get the stars accurate - always a plus in my book !I found the method here - http://happyquiltingmelissa.blogspot.com/ .
I also had a go at this - http://quiltwhangarei.blogspot.com/
-dead easy and effective !
This was made with fairly large pieces, again just a sample to learn the method ( I can't resist storing these samples away for futuure reference ! I have no intention of using this mauve block - but in other colours ? - Oh yes !)

Have a good weekend !

4 comments:

Connie said...

Looks great and sometimes I think it is fun to just make blocks with no intention of what you will use them for. There are always dish rugs, mug rugs, etc.

scraphappy said...

Fun collection of blocks. Sometimes it is nice to just play for a while.

Scrappy quilter said...

Great job!! The stars turned out perfect.

Ellen said...

Your star blocks turned out great. Who knows - maybe a sampler quilt might result from all of your efforts.