Saturday, 22 October 2011

Orange scraps ?

Definitely, very orange ! Small, but definitely orange ! I like my contrast strong !

 I used the opportunity to try out some very complicated piecing for which I had no pattern or instructions ! (I must be mad!!!!!). I had seen a 'window' design in an illustration and thought 'I could do that' ( ever my downfall ) so ........ did I have a time of it trying to work out the relative sizes and relationships of those tiny bits of sashing and the cornerstones ! The final little mat is only 8" square as you can see in the photo. Next time I think I'll look for some templates before doing that design - or I might not ever make another - who knows !
P.S. It is square - the camera lied !

5 comments:

scraphappy said...

Super cute! Those mitered corners are a bear, especially in a tiny size. Looks like you made it all work though. It is perfect.

make.share.give said...

It totally looks square. Very pretty!

Quilter Kathy said...

Very cute! I like that fabric on the bottom right that has the strong diagonal design...perfect for this mini quilt!

Cherry Red Quilter said...

it looks great - i am sure if you do a few more you will find it easier but i think your first attempt is fabulous!

mainer said...

That is really cheerful! Good job with the scraps.