Saturday, 7 January 2012

Rainbow Scrap Challeng

Sorry about the long silence, I wasn't really gone , just too busy and too poorly to say much at all.
For the last 3 weeks I have had the most horrendous cold of my life, which combined with all that Christmas and New Year involve has left little over for anything else !
At last I'm beginning to feel human again and have decided to join the Rainbow Scrap Challenge again this year - it will be easier for me because I now have a selection of genuine scraps to pull on - last year I was so new to 'proper' quilting that I had hardly anything to work with !

So - on to new things -
firstly I thought I'd have a go at some scrappy paper pieced triangles
and have destroyed the phone book (it's all online !) and my goodness but does the quality of paper make a difference to the removal of it !!!!!!
I've dedicated a box to triangles and shall keep on adding to them during the year, at the end of which time I'll revue them and make a decision as to final function.
Last year I didn't achieve all I set out to do in the challenge - some months the colours were totally lacking in my repertoire and I had too many other commitments (financially) to cheat and buy fabric for the challenge. I do however have six mini quilts just waiting to be made into covers for cushions, the results from last year.
The photo is what I did this morning in between all the usual stuff -

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Sorry to hear you've been ill, hope you are on the road to recovery

scraphappy said...

Great triangles, what a nice twist on string blocks. They are sure to add up to a nice quilt by the end of the year. Glad you have joined back in again this year, I'm sure you aren't the only one with a few projects in the works that can be finished off for the challenge this year.

Quilter Kathy said...

This is a great idea...love the triangles!

Cathy Tomm said...

Good start to the challenge. I love the triangles.