Tuesday, 8 May 2012

Something new - to me -

an event I have never known before - whilst filling a bobbin a couple of days ago everything suddenly went haywire and this -

is what happened. Sadly I couldn't save the thread - it had got into too much of a tangle sooo quickly, and that hurt ! Good thread doesn't come cheap these days and the bobbin was just about full !

This is what I found when I finally got the bobbin free -


I shall be using metal bobbins only on the old Singer from now on - I think the bobbin winder is a tad tight on that machine !

Tomorrow is going to be very busy, as are the next few days, then hopefully I can fit some sewing into my life ! I have so many projects wanting me to start work on them - and it's so difficult to fit everything in !

1 comment:

Anne said...

Oh, I feel your pain! The tension on the old machine must have been really something to do that to a bobbin. Live and Learn :0)